Community Information Forum
The Community Information Forum was created in January 2014 in order to provide an ongoing forum for dialogue around PRPA’s operations and Port development in general. The forum offers an opportunity for a wide variety of individuals and organizations in Prince Rupert to learn about various activities related to the Port and provide input to PRPA on issues of concern.
The forum is not a decision making body, but does assist PRPA in understanding how the public feels about various aspects of PRPA’s activities.
- The Community Information Forum provides an opportunity for members to:
- Collectively access information and learn about topics relevant to PRPA’s mandate and activities.
- Identify and discuss areas of community interest or concern that are relevant to PRPA and the Port
- Suggest improvements to PRPA and Port activities;
- Establish relationships with other community interests; and
- Serve as a link to, and forum for, the general public
The membership of the Community Information Forum reflects a broad voluntary engagement of stakeholders and interests, in order to provide a place for the sharing of diverse viewpoints and experience. More specifically, participation include a broad set of community interests, including (but not limited to) representatives from environment groups, aboriginal groups, business associations, municipal governments, community organizations, and (importantly) unaffiliated members of the general public.