Vice President, Finance
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with the Prince Rupert Port Authority (PRPA) to help recruit a new VP, Finance.
The Port of Prince Rupert is the closest North American West Coast port to Asia, 500 nautical miles closer than other ports in the Pacific Northwest. PRPA is responsible for the overall planning, development, marketing, and management of the commercial port facilities with the Port of Prince Rupert. PRPA aspires to become Canada’s most efficient and innovative port.
If you are a finance and accounting executive looking to make a difference in the marine industry, come find out how you can be a part of the ‘The Rupert Advantage’ by visiting here.
- Develops, maintains and improves an accurate, proactive and informative Financial Accounting system that provides: monthly and year-end financial statements, adequate internal controls to safeguard assets, annual operating budgets, regular forecasts, high awareness among management of results versus plan and budget, ongoing and up to date financial administrative policies and guidelines and optimization of cash flow management ensuring highest yields while maintaining sufficient cash on hand to meet obligations.
- In consultation with the President & CEO and other members of the Executive Team, is responsible for the development of financial analysis and strategies for the annual 5 year strategic/business plan outlining recommendations of financing strategies and objectives to meet the authority’s capital expansion goals. Is responsible for the development and implementation of measurable financial objectives connected to the goals of the business plan, and the development of formal procedures to track and communicate the financial results of the business plan.
- Manages the provision of financial analyses of all proposed agreements between the authority and third parties, ensuring the authority’s adherence to all relevant Acts and Policies such as the Canada Marine Act and internal policies, etc. and the provision of counsel to management on the relevance and implications of existing Acts, Legislation and policies including potential changes to those documents.
- Leads the risk management program including the development and periodic review of PRPA’s risk register to ensure organizational situational awareness of the business environment and provision of an adequate insurance program to help mitigate corporate risks.
- Responsible for developing, deploying, and administering all IT and Electronic Communication initiatives, including network resiliency and cyber security in support of communications and data integrity. Overseeing the development of policies, procedures and programs that are aligned with and support the achievement of the Port’s strategic objectives.
- In collaboration with other departments, leads digital business and enterprise management systems development and maintenance to support business transformation and organizational efficiency.
- Manages the overall administration of the Port’s office environment to ensure: the provision and maintenance of adequate facilities and services and the provision of necessary supplies and equipment to maintain a smooth-running office.
- Applies effective people leadership skills leading a team through performance management, career development, and budget management.
- Provides support & feedback to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks.
- Communicates the Port’s goals, safety practices, and deadlines to the team.
- Coaches members on achieving goals and developing necessary skills that get results.
- Sets clear team goals and evaluates progress against those goals to develop effective and collaborative teamwork.
- Professional Canadian accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA)
- 10 to 15 years of related experience (experience in a government regulated industry sector is an asset)
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, consultation, facilitation and coaching skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional numerical proficiency
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Superior judgment and tact in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information
- Excellent relationship building skills. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with peers and superiors
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and to effectively handle changing priorities
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated. Works well individually as well as in a team environment.
- Creative and intuitive thinker
- Strategic and visionary thinker. Demonstrates commitment to the Port’s Vision and Mission.
- Resilient. Embraces and thrives on change.
- Thrives in high-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Holds a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Compliance with any Transport Canada public health or vaccination requirements applicable to employees of Canadian Port Authorities
- Able to obtain security clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program
Prince Rupert Port Authority is committed to an inclusive organizational culture that connects them closer to their community, customers, and coworkers. We celebrate diverse perspectives of all stakeholders to make them a more effective as an organization and essential to their sustainability today and for the future.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the “Apply Now” button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 647-336-1416; OR Muna Dhere, Recruitment Specialist, at email@example.com or 647-480-1718. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Muna Dhere know.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.