Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for collaborating with Management and Human Resources for accurate administration of the full cycle benefits and payroll processing within established practices and guidelines.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Process bi-monthly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees, as well as monthly payroll for Board of Directors.
- Compile payroll information such as vacation time, benefits, and other deductions.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information pertaining to employee matters such as performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and employee investigations.
- Review timesheets for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure that employees are categorized and allocated to correct cost centers.
- Create required internal management reports from the payroll system.
- Adhere to all Authority payroll policies and procedures.
- Create payroll profiles for all new employees and maintain employee profiles, ensuring that they are up to date.
- Assist in the onboarding of new employees (completion of benefit forms and input into the payroll system).
- Ensure all wage changes are made accurately and in time for affected pay periods.
- Follow payroll procedures for terminated employees. Issue Records of Employment.
- Administer benefit payments to plan providers.
- Stay current with payroll regulations, standards, and work methods.
- Reconcile payroll totals and ensure all deductions and health benefit plans are made as scheduled.
- Ensure accurate processing of sick pay, benefits, and vacation payouts.
- Respond to employee and government agency inquiries regarding payroll.
- Ensure the creation and timely distribution of T4s and perform year-end audit reporting duties as required.
- Reconcile all payroll clearing accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works predominately in an office environment.
- Regular, full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Regular working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, with one-hour lunch break (unpaid).
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner and a member in good standing with the Canadian Payroll Association.
- Minimum 2 years in a recognized accounting or business program.
- 3 to 5 years of payroll and accounting experience.
- Experience with Employee Benefit Programs.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll processing, payroll compliance, and labour standards.
- Experienced in cashiering and processing payments and entering deposits.
- Knowledge and application of basic accounting principles
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and to effectively handle changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated. Works well individually as well as in a team environment.
- Thrives in high-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada.
- Able to obtain security clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program.
- Possess valid Class 5 Drivers Licence.
Individuals of Indigenous descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence by Monday, July 18, 2022.
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980
No telephone inquiries please.