IT SERVICE DESK
IT SERVICE DESK
The Port of Prince Rupert is located on the scenic North Coast of British Columbia. As Canada’s second largest West Coast port, the Port is strategically situated on the Pacific Rim, with the deepest natural harbour in North America and direct connections to the North American continent by CN Rail’s network reach. Its facilities include modern, high-throughput coal and grain terminals, two cruise terminals and an innovative, intermodal container terminal anchoring the fastest and most reliable trade corridor on the West Coast.
Prince Rupert is home to amazing wildlife and wilderness adventures, unique history and cultural experiences, and the spectacular scenery of the rugged Coast Mountain Range and the Great Bear Rainforest. Easily accessible by air, rail, cruise ship, ferry or car, Prince Rupert’s attractions include First Nation cultural works of art, fine North Coast galleries and boutiques, parks and walking trails, restaurants, and coffee shops. A balanced lifestyle might include enjoying a round of golf on the golf course or spending time out on the water kayaking, fishing, or taking in the scenery. Reasonable housing costs, organized sports, volunteer opportunities, modern recreation facilities, community groups and festivals all contribute to a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle for those living in this community.
Watch video clip of Prince Rupert at: https://vimeo.com/259248722
Functions as PRPA’s first line of internal support as the service desk lead.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensures that PRPA’s service desk is operated in an efficient and organized fashion, meeting internally agreed upon service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Supports the IT Infrastructure Administrator in monitoring and coverage for network, system, and cloud backups.
- Escalates Incident and Service Requests to the relevant internal support group when appropriate.
- Maintains the Configuration Management and Application Database with respect to end user facing documentation.
- Lead for all office technology deployments, from planning and scoping, supporting the Manager, IT in defining the requirements, and liaising with the IT & Digital Business Function(s) on capacity and growth issues.
- Manages the administration of all mobile devices, both PRPA owned and BYOD.
- Manages end user desktop telephones inventory and deployment, configuration, and training.
- Works predominantly in an office environment.
- Regular, full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Regular working hours are Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 1 hour lunch break (unpaid).
- Able to physically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to leave the office and go out into the field occasionally in support of better understanding incidents.
- College Diploma in IT/ICT
- Completion of some Professional Technical Certifications (i.e. Modern Desktop Administrator Associate, VMware VCA, CompTIA A+, etc.)
- ITIL Foundation Certification (ISO/IEC 20000-1 Service Management would be considered)
- ITIL Intermediate Certification considered an asset
- 3 to 5 years’ recent experience in providing support to a small IT infrastructure (less than 250 users/computers). Good understanding of ITIL v4.
- Exemplary customer service and organizational skills.
- Above average attention to details, and a desire to record and track key metrics.
- Strong experience utilizing operating system deployment tools like MDT or AutoPilot.
- Strong understanding of the difference between an incident and a service request.
- Good understanding of root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical documentation for both non-technical and technical users.
- Able to understand, comply with and promote all Company policies, procedures, and processes.
- Able to meet deadlines and work in a high paced environment with little supervision.
- Able to manage all sensitive data in a confidential and professional manner.
- Willing to provide support to others within the department and to assist with interdepartmental tasks.
- Actions, dialogue, and ideas impact PRPA’s culture in a positive manner.
- Open-minded regarding improvements and suggestions.
- Skilled at problem solving and risk/incident management.
- Able to obtain security clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program
- Possesses minimum valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
Individuals of Indigenous descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence by Friday, October 15, 2021 to:
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980
No telephone inquiries please.