IT INFRASTRUCTURE ADMINISTRATOR
IT INFRASTRUCTURE ADMINISTRATOR
The Port of Prince Rupert is located on the scenic North Coast of British Columbia. As Canada’s second largest West Coast port, the Port is strategically situated on the Pacific Rim, with the deepest natural harbour in North America and direct connections to the North American continent by CN Rail’s network reach. Its facilities include modern, high-throughput coal and grain terminals, two cruise terminals and an innovative, intermodal container terminal anchoring the fastest and most reliable trade corridor on the West Coast.
Prince Rupert is home to amazing wildlife and wilderness adventures, unique history and cultural experiences, and the spectacular scenery of the rugged Coast Mountain Range and the Great Bear Rainforest. Easily accessible by air, rail, cruise ship, ferry or car, Prince Rupert’s attractions include First Nation cultural works of art, fine North Coast galleries and boutiques, parks and walking trails, restaurants and coffee shops. A balanced lifestyle might include enjoying a round of golf on the golf course or spending time out on the water kayaking, fishing, or taking in the scenery. Reasonable housing costs, organized sports, volunteer opportunities, modern recreation facilities, community groups and festivals all contribute to a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle for those living in this community.
Watch video clip of Prince Rupert at: https://vimeo.com/259248722
The IT Infrastructure Administrator implements and provides all support for the company’s behind the wall computer systems and software. In this position, the incumbent plays a key role in the completion of internal projects and design of future systems and services that can be deployed as projects.
Reporting to the Manager, IT, the IT Infrastructure Administrator also plays a key role in departmental planning from a technical perspective.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assists in the management of the information and communications systems function, including systems configuration, networks and network design, and servers and systems operations.
- Working with the Manager, IT, plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the PRPA infrastructure.
- Assumes primary responsibility for infrastructure troubleshooting, system backups, archiving, and disaster recovery. Takes feedback from the IT Operations Technician to ensure a highly available environment can be called upon.
- Provides excellent customer service to clients while using helpdesk tools to track and document client problems, requests, and the actions performed.
- Working with the Manager, IT, designs and implements security infrastructure from the datacenter to the edge, including mobile device security.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Manager, IT.
- Works predominantly in an office environment
- Regular, full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Regular working hours are Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 1-hour lunch break
- Able to physically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to leave the office and go out into the field from time to time in support of better understanding of business challenges.
- College or University Degree in IT/ICT
- MCSE – Server Infrastructure and/or Messaging and/or Communication
- VMware VCP6-DCV
- Veeam Certified Engineer
- CompTIA Network+ or Cisco CCNA
- 3 to 5 years’ recent experience in delivering a primarily virtualized business infrastructure
- Previous CompTIA Network+/CCNA, and ITIL Foundation or ISO/IEC 27001
- Comfortable coaching junior staff on enterprise grade technology, processes, and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical needs into comprehensive project documents and plans.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with limited direction.
- Comfortable working alone and as part of a team.
- Maintains a positive outlook; resilient when facing challenges.
- Acquires new knowledge and skills quickly.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Resilient. Embraces change and thrives on change.
- Thrives in a high-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Good understanding of root cause analysis.
- Able to understand, comply with and promote all Company policies, procedures and processes.
- Able to meet deadlines and work in a high paced environment with little supervision.
- Able to manage all sensitive data in a confidential and professional manner.
- Willing to provide support to others within the department and to assist with interdepartmental tasks.
- Actions, dialogue, and ideas impact PRPA’s culture in a positive manner.
- Open-minded regarding improvements and suggestions.
- Skilled at problem solving and risk/incident management.
- Possesses valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Able to obtain security clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program.
Individuals of Indigenous descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence by
Friday, October 30th, 2020 to:
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980
No telephone inquiries please.