Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
The Executive Assistant to the President & Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all administrative and secretarial services required by the President, supporting the effectiveness of the Executive Leadership team and providing oversight to the effective delivery of administrative services across the organization.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assists the President & CEO in maintaining the effective and smooth operation of the CEO’s activities, schedules and office administration.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, and submissions for the President & CEO and other project teams to support effective communication and coordination of strategic initiatives as required. Facilitates communication from strategic project teams, department managers, business unit leaders, and project managers to strengthen organization alignment and coordination.
- Maintains a working administrative knowledge of the various business files, initiatives and contacts of the President & CEO to ensure appropriate response and follow-up providing administrative advice and reminders to ensure his/her efficient and effective management.
- Coordinates completion of various reports and documents including supporting the development of various management reports to the Board of Directors, the 5-year corporate plan and annual operating budget.
- Assists the President & CEO in maintaining an organized office and filing system and coordinates all filing of correspondence pertinent to the office of the President & CEO.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements and prepares expense claim reports on behalf of the President & CEO.
- Coordinates the logistics of executive team meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events. Responsible for recording, preparing and distributing minutes of Port management internal meetings.
- Receives and monitors incoming mail, telephone calls and emails on behalf of the President & CEO to assist in the efficiency of communications. Reviews all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and makes edits as necessary. Refers and/or redirects calls, e-mails, or visitors to the appropriate Executive team member as required.
- Provides oversight to organization-wide administrative functions to ensure effective office operations and administrative services across the organization, and initiates projects and initiatives to improve the coordination, communication and collaboration across the organization.
- Maintains and coordinates the President and CEO’s calendar, coordinating the work schedules and calendars of executive management across the administrative team.
- Completes various corporate development initiatives and research assignments on behalf of the President & CEO.
- Coordinates business meetings, luncheons and other special functions, as requested.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Works predominantly in an office environment.
- Regular, full-time position (37.5 hours per week).
- Regular working hours are Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 1 hour lunch break (unpaid).
- Post-secondary education in business.
- Completion of administrative and/or legal secretary diploma an asset.
Minimum five years’ experience in industry
- Self-directed individual and works well in team environment.
- Values people and demonstrates genuine concern for others.
- Presents a positive and professional image of the executive office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Good relationship building skills. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with all levels of employees.
- Sound knowledge of computer and proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thrives in high-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Good judgment and tact in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information.
- Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada.
- Able to obtain security clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
Individuals of Indigenous descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence by Monday, May 30, 2022 to:
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980
No telephone inquiries please.