ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR
The Port of Prince Rupert is located on the scenic North Coast of British Columbia. As Canada’s second largest West Coast port, the Port is strategically situated on the Pacific Rim, with the deepest natural harbour in North America and direct connections to the North American continent by CN Rail’s network reach. Its facilities include modern, high-throughput coal and grain terminals, two cruise terminals and an innovative, intermodal container terminal anchoring the fastest and most reliable trade corridor on the West Coast.
Prince Rupert is home to amazing wildlife and wilderness adventures, unique history and cultural experiences, and the spectacular scenery of the rugged Coast Mountain Range and the Great Bear Rainforest. Easily accessible by air, rail, cruise ship, ferry or car, Prince Rupert’s attractions include First Nation cultural works of art, fine North Coast galleries and boutiques, parks and walking trails, restaurants and coffee shops. A balanced lifestyle might include enjoying a round of golf on the golf course or spending time out on the water kayaking, fishing, or taking in the scenery. Reasonable housing costs, organized sports, volunteer opportunities, modern recreation facilities, community groups and festivals all contribute to a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle for those living in this community.
Watch video clip of Prince Rupert:
The Enterprise Applications Administrator is a one-year contract position and is responsible for the overall production support activities of the PRPA’s business applications software. This includes ensuring the timely and quality resolution of issues and enhancements, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on issue investigation, status, resolution, and managing the prioritization of a complex work queue. The role also holds responsibility for metrics reporting for support requests, applications performance, and change requests.
In addition, the Enterprise Applications Administrator owns the training portfolio for all PRPA users and project teams that depend on those applications.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead the portfolio related to the Application Support function, identifying requirements/expectations for the support team to align with strategic objectives.
- Improve, streamline and standardize business application support processes leveraging capabilities of internal and external stakeholders along with effective use of IT service management tools.
- Lead projects for standardization and optimization of business application digitalization and integration.
- Collaboration with the IT Operations Administrator to develop a robust process for handling of application support issues.
- Develop effective metrics for measuring and reporting application performance, uptime and availability to drive discussions towards establishing Service-Level Agreements with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Regularly report against Service-Level Agreements and objectives, proactively bringing to the attention of the Manager, IT any suggested or impending needs/improvements.
- Deploy, configure, customize, maintain, and support enterprise software solutions. This includes providing end-user support and managing reported issues and defects.
- Develop and deliver training programs for enterprise software solutions relevant to individual department’s needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT.
Contract support vendors
• Works predominantly in an office environment
• Regular, full-time position (37.5 hours per week).
• Regular working hours are Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 1-hour lunch break
Degree from a College or University, specifically with a Technology background or a Diploma in Technology Completion of some Professional Technical Certifications (i.e. MCSE: Business Intelligence, CBIP, ITIL etc.)
Minimum of 5 years related experience
3 or more years recent experience working with software and MS SQL databases.
• Extensive experience in installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or newer.
• Proven experience with enterprise software, and other applications.
• Experience administering Office 365.
• Demonstrated fluency with T-SQL, as well as Windows OS administration.
• Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relations planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
• Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, UDDI, and WSDL).
• Superior client/user interaction skills to determine application/system requirements.
• Full project management and development lifecycle experience with managing to internal Service-Level Agreements.
• Strong understanding of PRPA’s goals and objectives.
• Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, data sharing agreements, and laws.
• Experience with developing and maintaining technical documentation, process documentation etc.
• Experience with VMware vCenter and Microsoft Active Directory considered an asset.
• Able to understand, comply with and promote all Company policies, procedures and processes.
• Able to meet deadlines and work in a high paced environment with little supervision.
• Able to manage highly sensitive data in a confidential and professional manner.
• Able to provide accurate, quality information when requested, and within the specified time constraints.
• Willing to provide support to others within the department and to assist with interdepartmental tasks.
• Actions, dialogue and ideas impact PRPA’s culture in a positive manner.
• Open-minded regarding improvements and suggestions.
• Skilled at problem solving and risk/incident management.
• Able to obtain security clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program.
• Possess valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
Individuals of aboriginal descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence by Thursday, September 3rd, 2020 to:
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980
No telephone inquiries please.