Director, Project Services
The Director, Project Services oversees the Department project development planning processes related to terrestrial and marine engineering design and project risk management for projects by PRPA, tenants or proponents. In fulfilling the duties of this role, the incumbent supports the Port’s long-term strategic capital projects and infrastructure development objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Civil or Geotechnical
• Registered with EGBC as a P. Eng.
• 7 to 10 years’ of related experience in development of major infrastructure projects, ideally in a marine-related environment
• Demonstrated track record of success in a broad-based engineering, construction, or consulting management role
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Strong consultation, facilitation and coaching skills
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and attention to detail
• Superior judgment and tact in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information
• Excellent relationship building skills. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with peers and superiors.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and to effectively handle changing priorities
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated. Works well individually as well as in a team environment.
• Creative and intuitive thinker
• Demonstrate commitment to the Port’s Vision and Mission.
• Proficient in MS Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Able to obtain clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program
• Possess valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License