ASSET MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR
ASSET MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR
The Port of Prince Rupert is located on the scenic North Coast of British Columbia. As Canada’s second largest West Coast port, the Port is strategically situated on the Pacific Rim, with the deepest natural harbour in North America and direct connections to the North American continent by CN Rail’s network reach. Its facilities include modern, high-throughput coal and grain terminals, two cruise terminals and an innovative, intermodal container terminal anchoring the fastest and most reliable trade corridor on the West Coast.
Prince Rupert is home to amazing wildlife and wilderness adventures, unique history and cultural experiences, and the spectacular scenery of the rugged Coast Mountain Range and the Great Bear Rainforest. Easily accessible by air, rail, cruise ship, ferry or car, Prince Rupert’s attractions include First Nation cultural works of art, fine North Coast galleries and boutiques, parks and walking trails, restaurants and coffee shops. A balanced lifestyle might include enjoying a round of golf on the golf course or spending time out on the water kayaking, fishing, or taking in the scenery. Reasonable housing costs, organized sports, volunteer opportunities, modern recreation facilities, community groups and festivals all contribute to a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle for those living in this community.
Watch video clip of Prince Rupert at: https://vimeo.com/259248722
Reporting to the Director, Asset Management, the Asset Management Administrator will ensure promotion of long-term sustainability of managing assets while balancing PRPA’s needs and maximizing financial resources. The role will also engage asset owners on the evolution of managing all corporate assets cohesively, following industry best practices related to asset management strategy, systems, processes and continuous improvement.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Progressive experience in strategic physical asset management (linear and vertical), project management and the development of prioritized, evidence-based capital, operational and maintenance budgets via asset level condition, risk and performance condition.
- Plan and implement asset management improvements covering business process and standardization, data and information management, and analysis tools and technology systems.
- Develop asset management policies, strategies and plans.
- Apply asset management standards and best practices.
- Collect and leverage infrastructure data and information.
- Implement and configure asset management tools and technologies.
- Assists in the formulation of the ten year Capital Works Program for PRPA’s infrastructure and Master Planning Studies for PRPA’s Infrastructure Systems (Assets, Roads, Watermains, Sewer, Power).
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Capital Asset Inventory Database for PRPA’s Infrastructure.
- Leads the development and maintenance of Condition Ratings programs and databases for PRPA’s infrastructure.
- Assist with PRPA’s Infrastructure mapping and coordination of its integration into PRPA’s GIS System.
- Ensures assets are received, tagged, and entered into the Asset Management System.
- Manages, monitors, and directs consultants and contractors working on projects pertaining to asset management and maintenance.
- Assists with sustaining the 5S programs (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) for all facilities under the department’s jurisdiction.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Works in the office and on the work site.
- Regular, full time position (37.5 hours per week).
- Regular working hours are Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with a 1-hour lunch break (unpaid).
- May at times be required to work outside during regular work hours.
- Experience in infrastructure asset management including industry best practices and their strategic applications, and asset management business principles.
- Certified Asset Management Professional (CAMP) designation or ability to obtain a relevant asset management designation is desirable.
- Experience designing and implementing an asset management program and policies, project management, data analysis and interpretation, and familiar with performance indicators and measurement.
- Familiarity with ISO 5500X.
- A good understanding of project delivery lifecycles, and project management practices.
- Experience in Asset Lifecycle analysis is an advantage.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or preventative maintenance software (e.g., Limble or any similar software) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an outstanding level of integrity that will gain the trust and respect of staff and stakeholders.
- An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Dedicated to building relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize in a demanding, high paced environment.
- Good knowledge of computers and various software program, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel Power Point) and Microsoft Project.
- Able to work on multiple tasks concurrently and to effectively handle changing priorities.
- Self-directed individual. Attention to details.
- Thrives in high-paced entrepreneurial and team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Port’s Vision and Mission.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Able to obtain security clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program.
Individuals of Indigenous descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence by June 14, 2021 (Mon) to:
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980
No telephone inquiries please.