The application period is open from January 7 to February 15, 2013. Download the Call for Proposals here.
The Prince Rupert Port Authority (PRPA) has established a Community Investment Fund (Fund) to provide financial support for projects or initiatives in the Prince Rupert area that enhance quality of life or contributes to a lasting legacy.
The Fund is reflective of the PRPA’s triple bottom line approach to measuring the success of its endeavors – namely economic, social and environmental stewardship. All Projects or Initiatives that are broad community-based and have a meaningful and wide reaching impact in the Prince Rupert area will be considered.
Eligible applicants/project proponents must be located in the Prince Rupert area.
Projects or initiatives with leveraged funds will be considered on a preferential basis. All projects must:
- Provide tangible longterm benefits to the community
- Have broad, demonstrated community support;
- Leverage other private and/or public funding; and
- Be environmentally sound
ELIGIBLE COMMUNITY PROJECTS / INITIATIVES
Priority will be given to the financial support of the types of broad Community‐based Projects or initiatives that:
- improve and enhance the quality of cultural, educational, health & welfare and civic aspects of life in the Prince Rupert area;
- contribute to a lasting legacy or will have sufficient on-going benefits to the Prince Rupert area;
- satisfy an on-going or long-term community need in the areas of culture, education, health & welfare and civic activities;
- Contribute to specific infrastructure projects or programs related to the cultural, educational, health & welfare and civic aspects of life in the Prince Rupert area.